December 07 – International Civil Aviation Day
- In 1996 the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed that 7 December was to be the International Civil Aviation Day.
T-20 Cricket: India beat West Indies by six wickets in Hyderabad
- India beat West Indies by six wickets in the first match of three-match T-20 series against West Indies played at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad. Chasing a total of 207 runs, India made 209 runs for the loss of 4 wickets in 18.4 overs.
- World Soil Day is celebrated on – 05 December
• The state government that launched ‘Madhu App‘ for school students – Odisha Government
• This is the name of the former England cricket captain who died recently and is known for taking 8 wickets for 43 runs against Australia in 1981 – Bob Willis
- This is the name of a Democratic MP of Indian origin who has recently withdrawn from contesting the US presidential election– Kamala Harris
International Volunteer Day is celebrated on- 5 December
- Recently, the Coast Guard ship built in India by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Maldives has been gifted – kaamayaab
• Recently, a country which has tested a Swedish technique to overcome the problem arising out of burning of Parali (crop residue) – India
• The state on which the 10-day Hornbill Festival is organized every year on the occasion of Foundation Day – Nagaland
- Question – Which of these former Indian wicketkeepers has been appointed by the Delhi Capitals as the head of their skill hunt development cell?
- A. Vinod Kambli
- B. MS Dhoni
- C. Vijay Dahiya
- D. Sumit SharmaSee the correct answer
- Answer: c. Vijay Dahiya – Former Indian wicketkeeper and former assistant coach of Kolkata Knight Riders, Vijay Dahiya has been appointed by the Delhi Capitals as the head of his skill hunt development cell. Kolkata Knight Riders 2 is headed by Vijay Dahiya’s assistant coach.
Question – How many medals have India won in Nepal in the ongoing South Asian Games 2019?
A. 57 medal
B. 67 medal
C. 77 medal
D. 87 Medals.
Answer: c. 77 medal – India has secured first position by winning 77 medals in the ongoing South Asian Games 2019 in Nepal. India has so far won 36 gold, 28 silver and 13 bronze medals. Out of which Indian athletes have won the most 28 medals.
Question – Which country has announced the end of all bilateral relations with Pakistan recently?
B. Saudi Arabia
Answer: D. Australia – Australia has recently announced the end of all bilateral relations with Pakistan. The money provided by this bilateral relationship with Australia was used for public welfare schemes for poor women and girls.
Daily Current affairs, current affairs